Mobile devices affect the lives of millions, of not, billions of people all over the world. People use these devices to communicate, entertain themselves, keep themselves updated with current events, so on and so forth. So much is its influence on the lives of plenty of people that firms, whether large or small, have begun to see it as a way to market themselves by developing apps that cater specifically to these people who browse the internet through such mobile devices.
With mobile apps, people who browse the net become possible consumers and from then-on, firms do whatever they can to make sure that they become regular consumers, which they do by employing other types of marketing strategies.
The important question that most businesses are missing though is, whether they really need the mobile app or not.
The Need for a Mobile App
Before a business decides to venture into creating a mobile application to benefit its operation, a business must first consider whether it will benefit them. Apps take valuable resources to create, such as time and money, and they need more of these resources for maintenance. True, if it turns out to be a success, the app rakes in more profit than the investment, but in the likelihood of it not panning through, the app becomes a bad investment that will likely haunt the business, especially if it is small.
As such, a business must weigh in first if they really need to have a mobile app or if there are other aspects of the business first that are more important. After all, a consultancy agency would not likely need much of a mobile app, especially if the business is still in its infancy.
So Mobile Apps Aren’t That Important?
Mobile apps are important, just not as important as most businesses put it. A business can only make use of mobile applications once it has everything laid out. A business, after all, must consider having a good website first, as it becomes the face of the company for the casual browser. Given that more than 70% of those who surf the internet still do use desktops, it would not be much of a loss if the business did not cater to the other 30% yet.
However, if the business has already catered to the 70%, still wants to expand, have laid out the foundations for all of its other marketing strategies and want to compete, then coming up with an app is important.
A mobile app taps into that 30% of the market and that 30% is composed of people that actually have the money to patronize products and services. The proof that they use mobile devices and use it on the go shows that they have spending power and once they have access to a mobile app that is easy to use and makes “shopping” for them more convenient, that shopping power could be better directed to the company.
Thus, when it comes to mobile apps, their real importance is that they serve their purpose if and only the company has done everything in its power to market and still want to stay ahead of the curve. It is not a priority and a business would be wise to consider it last. However, a business that does NOT consider having a mobile app is likely making a bad decision that will haunt it for years to come.
When developing apps, the need for great app developers usually present itself and in these cases, firms such as Liquid Digital offer all sorts of services to cater to your app development needs. For more information, please visit their website at http://www.liquiddigital.net.au/services/mobile-and-interactive.html